Olivia and I were given a paper bag filled with a mystery object, the first step in our observation was to take five min each to feel what the object is and record what it feels like.
Step 1:
Observation:
-Light
-Papery
-Round
-Small
-Thin Layers
-A Bit Grainy
-Small hole or dent at the top and bottom.
-Fragile
-Dry
Step 2: Inference
Olivia and I had to try and guess what we thought the object was. Right away I thought it was
some sort of nest. Perhaps a wasps nest...
Step 3: Representation
(Drew the Picture)
Step 4: Inference
Drawing a picture didn't really make it easier to guess what the object was because I had a really good picture in my mind of what it looked like.
Step 5: Collaboration
(Olivia feels the object)
Step 6: Inference
No, it's not easier to guess what the object is, although Olivia and I do agree on what we think the object is.
Step 7: Visual Observation
Olivia and I opened the bag and we were correct, Inside was a small wasps nest. Some characteristics that we couldn't feel were...
-The nest was a grey color.
-The look and detail on the nest
-If the nest smelt or not (it didnt really smell like anything)
-If the nest contained anything inside that we could not reach.
Final: Reflection
Scientific investigation is the techniques of investigation and acquiring and gathering knowledge and information. That is sort of what we were doing in this lab was collaborating with our partners and gathering information in order to make an educated guess on what was inside the mystery bag. Feeling was a big part of this investigation as we could not see what was inside the bag, having two different points of view helped when we discussed what was inside the bag. This could be similar to any scientific investigation in which the individual doesn't know what an object is and has to research it and collaborate in order to find out what it is.
By Nicole.
Hi Nicole,
ReplyDeleteYou did a good job on this lab. The only thing that is missing is the drawings!
4/5